EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: GIS
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
When a natural disaster such as a hurricane strikes, there is little that farmers in the Caribbean can do to prevent damage to crops, livestock and farm building.....
Using participatory rural appraisal (PRA) methods, they collect information about local varieties, including current production constraints, and germplasm sample.....
A study by the Kyoto: Think Global, Act Local project shows that using open source software for data collection can be cost-effective for forest communities....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 77 - Linking farmers to markets
ICT applications are helping entrepreneurs in the Caribbean agricultural sector through every stage of the business cycle. ...
The use of mobile apps by smallholder farmers in Kenya has helped them to gain access to markets. ...
Young peoples’ affinity with ICTs and their ability to innovate is the key to moving mAgriculture forward. ...
N’Kalo is helping farmers improve their sales strategies and increasing their profits. ...
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice