To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
The Star Shea Network brings together rural women’s groups that specialise in harvesting and processing nuts from the shea tree. The network helps more than 3,0.....
A Kenyan resource centre uses ICTs to gather and share agricultural information...
Forest Connect works in 12 countries to link small-scale forestry enterprises, and helps them to gather and deliver information using ICTs....
With internet and SMS TradeNet allows rural farmers to advertise their merchandise to an international market and find the fairest price for their crops....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs