To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Radio
For those members who can’t make it to the regular Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society meetings they can still follow the discussions by listening to the group’......
A new approach to telecentres in South Africa focuses on collaboration and partnerships...
Radio was used to incite hatred in the build up to the genocide in Rwanda. But today the medium promotes messages of reconciliation and peace to those still trau......
With no fixed-line service and mobile phone operators reluctant to invest in rural areas, the Fantsuam Foundation decided to provide VoIP to customers on its wire......
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 68 - Women and ICTs
Female farmers in Kenya and Burkina Faso benefit from improved access to ICTs...
Text messages help women in Guatemala to report violence committed against them...
Women pick up video cameras to tackle the ICT gender imbalance...
ICTs improve women entrepreneurs' marketing skills in Zimbabwe...
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice