‘The job of developing rural ICT policy in Africa is too important, too urgent and too big to be left to governments.’ Edmund Katiti, NEPAD e-Africa Programme.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
National ICT policies provide guidance on how a country promotes the development of the information and communications sector. Ideally, these policies ensure th.....
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
With no fixed-line service and mobile phone operators reluctant to invest in rural areas, the Fantsuam Foundation decided to provide VoIP to customers on its wire......
Forest Connect works in 12 countries to link small-scale forestry enterprises, and helps them to gather and deliver information using ICTs....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 70 - Agricultural research and ICTs
ICTs help researchers to gather information more effectively from the field...
An ICT service provides farmers with research-based advice to boost food production...
Interactive radio and video help researchers to engage with farmers...
Building a multidisciplinary platform that links science with technology....
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs