EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
A study by the Kyoto: Think Global, Act Local project shows that using open source software for data collection can be cost-effective for forest communities....
A new approach to telecentres in South Africa focuses on collaboration and partnerships...
Forest Connect works in 12 countries to link small-scale forestry enterprises, and helps them to gather and deliver information using ICTs....
Software, developed especially to be used by nonprofit organizations, provides a quick and easy way to send information to a large number of people at the same time....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 65 - Youth and ICTs
A portable computer kit delivers agricultural training to Ugandan nomadic pastoralists...
GIS and mapping improves marketing opportunities for rice farmers in Ghana...
Map Kibera uses GIS, SMS, video and the web to gather community data...
Audio conferencing helps to make farming a viable prospect for young Ghanaians ...
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice
- Market connections