EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Measuring
A pilot project to introduce payphones, connected to satellite networks, is providing telephone services to remote communities and helping to develop the telecoms......
An early warning system delivers rainfall data to Kenyan farmers’ cell phones...
A project in Swaziland uses remote sensing and GIS to identify irrigable farmland. The data are analysed to improve the efficiency of project management processes....
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 73 - e-agriculture strategies
Many African countries have developed national e-governance, e-health and e-education strategies, yet many still lack an e-agriculture strategy. One exception is......
Orange helps to make mobile services available to farmers in Niger ...
An ICT-triggered rural knowledge revolution in India is helping to break down the barriers that stand between localised rural economies and globalised markets....
CARICOM turns to ICTs to transform Caribbean agricultural production. ...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs