‘The job of developing rural ICT policy in Africa is too important, too urgent and too big to be left to governments.’ Edmund Katiti, NEPAD e-Africa Programme.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
The Star Shea Network brings together rural women’s groups that specialise in harvesting and processing nuts from the shea tree. The network helps more than 3,0.....
Forest Connect works in 12 countries to link small-scale forestry enterprises, and helps them to gather and deliver information using ICTs....
A locally developed touchscreen computer system helps to guide staff in rural health centres in Malawi through essential diagnosis and patient treatment procedur......
A new approach to telecentres in South Africa focuses on collaboration and partnerships...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs