‘Market information systems need to be regularly updated and developed to meet the needs of farmers.’ Pierre Traore, of OMA and RESIMAO.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
A project in South Africa supports mathematics education in schools using the web, social networking and mobile apps to deliver learning material directly to stud......
A Kenyan resource centre uses ICTs to gather and share agricultural information...
With half of the world’s languages likely to die out this century, a Canadian initiative shows how multimedia technology can regenerate interest....
The traditional Yoruba ‘talking drums’ of Nigeria provide inspiration for a unique approach to speech recognition technology. ...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs