‘Governments need to develop policies to support forest communities, and involve them in conservation efforts.’ CTA director, Michael Hailu.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
An SMS service delivers quick answers to farmers’ climate questions...
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
Public–private partnerships revive Botswana’s telecentre programme...
A study by the Kyoto: Think Global, Act Local project shows that using open source software for data collection can be cost-effective for forest communities....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 65 - Youth and ICTs
Audio conferencing helps to make farming a viable prospect for young Ghanaians ...
Map Kibera uses GIS, SMS, video and the web to gather community data...
A portable computer kit delivers agricultural training to Ugandan nomadic pastoralists...
GIS and mapping improves marketing opportunities for rice farmers in Ghana...
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice
- Market connections