EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
With no fixed-line service and mobile phone operators reluctant to invest in rural areas, the Fantsuam Foundation decided to provide VoIP to customers on its wire......
The traditional Yoruba ‘talking drums’ of Nigeria provide inspiration for a unique approach to speech recognition technology. ...
GIS improves rainfall data collection and information services in West Africa...
National ICT policies provide guidance on how a country promotes the development of the information and communications sector. Ideally, these policies ensure th.....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 66 - A future for telecentres
Information centres in Ghana overcome challenges to serve rural communities...
Public–private partnerships revive Botswana’s telecentre programme...
A Kenyan resource centre uses ICTs to gather and share agricultural information...
A new approach to telecentres in South Africa focuses on collaboration and partnerships...
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice
- Market connections