EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
A device which connects a mobile phone to a microscope lets rural lab workers in Uganda send photos of microscopic samples for expert analysis and diagnosis....
The Educational Support Network in Zambia enables teachers to use ICTs to produce locally relevant digital lesson notes for distribution to other schools in the c......
The Star Shea Network brings together rural women’s groups that specialise in harvesting and processing nuts from the shea tree. The network helps more than 3,0.....
Using locally developed open source software, doctors in three rural hospitals in Mali can send digital copies of x-rays via the internet to the main city hospita......
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs