To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
The traditional Yoruba ‘talking drums’ of Nigeria provide inspiration for a unique approach to speech recognition technology. ...
National ICT policies provide guidance on how a country promotes the development of the information and communications sector. Ideally, these policies ensure th.....
A locally developed touchscreen computer system helps to guide staff in rural health centres in Malawi through essential diagnosis and patient treatment procedur......
As internet coverage expands in Ghana, a project helps schools make the best use of the web and helps rural communities adapt to the technology....
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 70 - Agricultural research and ICTs
ICTs help researchers to gather information more effectively from the field...
Interactive radio and video help researchers to engage with farmers...
An ICT service provides farmers with research-based advice to boost food production...
Building a multidisciplinary platform that links science with technology....
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs