To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
Access to telecommunication services can greatly improve economic growth. And this is especially the case in developing countries. According to the World Bank,.....
For farmers who want to expand their business and look for new market opportunities it is useful to find out what customers expect from their product, and then.....
As internet coverage expands in Ghana, a project helps schools make the best use of the web and helps rural communities adapt to the technology....
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs