To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
Public–private partnerships revive Botswana’s telecentre programme...
Information centres in Ghana overcome challenges to serve rural communities...
Using a VoIP conference call feature on a portable satellite connection, remote communities can express their opinions in their own language, and organizations ca......
A Kenyan resource centre uses ICTs to gather and share agricultural information...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 65 - Youth and ICTs
GIS and mapping improves marketing opportunities for rice farmers in Ghana...
A portable computer kit delivers agricultural training to Ugandan nomadic pastoralists...
Audio conferencing helps to make farming a viable prospect for young Ghanaians ...
Map Kibera uses GIS, SMS, video and the web to gather community data...
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice
- Market connections