To be useful to people in rural communities, mobile apps need to take literacy, language and affordability into account.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
A Kenyan resource centre uses ICTs to gather and share agricultural information...
The Talking Book, a robust handheld audio computer, records locally produced agricultural and literacy information for Ghanaian farmers to play back in their own......
The Educational Support Network in Zambia enables teachers to use ICTs to produce locally relevant digital lesson notes for distribution to other schools in the c......
Specially developed open source software enables a South African project to send millions of targeted health messages to mobile phones users across the country. ...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 68 - Women and ICTs
Female farmers in Kenya and Burkina Faso benefit from improved access to ICTs...
Text messages help women in Guatemala to report violence committed against them...
Women pick up video cameras to tackle the ICT gender imbalance...
ICTs improve women entrepreneurs' marketing skills in Zimbabwe...
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change