‘Extension workers need to be part of a team that includes policy makers, researchers and communities.’ Myra Wopereis-Pura, director of knowledge at FARA
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Measuring
An SMS service delivers quick answers to farmers’ climate questions...
Communities use GIS and GPS to assess climate risks in the Cook Islands...
A project in Swaziland uses remote sensing and GIS to identify irrigable farmland. The data are analysed to improve the efficiency of project management processes....
GIS improves rainfall data collection and information services in West Africa...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 73 - e-agriculture strategies
Many African countries have developed national e-governance, e-health and e-education strategies, yet many still lack an e-agriculture strategy. One exception is......
CARICOM turns to ICTs to transform Caribbean agricultural production. ...
Orange helps to make mobile services available to farmers in Niger ...
An ICT-triggered rural knowledge revolution in India is helping to break down the barriers that stand between localised rural economies and globalised markets....
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs