‘Extension workers need to be part of a team that includes policy makers, researchers and communities.’ Myra Wopereis-Pura, director of knowledge at FARA
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Software
A device which connects a mobile phone to a microscope lets rural lab workers in Uganda send photos of microscopic samples for expert analysis and diagnosis....
A partnership to provide technology in African languages is helping to make technology more accessible to people across the continent....
Specially developed open source software enables a South African project to send millions of targeted health messages to mobile phones users across the country. ...
GIS improves rainfall data collection and information services in West Africa...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 70 - Agricultural research and ICTs
ICTs help researchers to gather information more effectively from the field...
Interactive radio and video help researchers to engage with farmers...
An ICT service provides farmers with research-based advice to boost food production...
Building a multidisciplinary platform that links science with technology....
- Drones for agriculture
- The power of online communities
- More than Mobile
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs