‘Young people cannot take up the role of intermediary free of charge, nor should they be expected to,’ Sylvestre Ouédraogo, president of the Yam Pukri Association in Burkina Faso.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Radio
An SMS service delivers quick answers to farmers’ climate questions...
Radio was used to incite hatred in the build up to the genocide in Rwanda. But today the medium promotes messages of reconciliation and peace to those still trau......
Information centres in Ghana overcome challenges to serve rural communities...
Using a VoIP conference call feature on a portable satellite connection, remote communities can express their opinions in their own language, and organizations ca......
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 68 - Women and ICTs
Text messages help women in Guatemala to report violence committed against them...
ICTs improve women entrepreneurs' marketing skills in Zimbabwe...
Female farmers in Kenya and Burkina Faso benefit from improved access to ICTs...
Women pick up video cameras to tackle the ICT gender imbalance...
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice