‘Market information systems need to be regularly updated and developed to meet the needs of farmers.’ Pierre Traore, of OMA and RESIMAO.
EXPLORE ICT update
FEATURED TECHNOLOGY: Monitoring
The indigenous Ngalia people of Western Australia have adapted a wide variety of technologies in their fight to preserve their traditional knowledge and culture....
The Mbendjele Pygmies of the Republic of Congo are working together with an international logging company to help protect their forest environment. Using handhel......
Combining satellite and mobile phone technology with knowledge from nomadic herdsmen in Cameroon will help prevent conflict between livestock and predatory lions....
GIS improves rainfall data collection and information services in West Africa...
FEATURED Theme: Issue no. 69 - Crowdsourcing and engagement
A Jamaican app runs on open data and visualises agricultural information...
Libraries in South Africa collect indigenous knowledge through crowdsourcing...
Crowdsourcing can improve land tenure security in poor communities...
A crowdsourcing experiment in Mauritius aims to locate breadfruit trees...
- Data Revolution for Agriculture
- Building resilience for family farming
- Linking farmers to markets
- Mobile finance - next stop for agriculture
- ICT4Ag: Making it happen - post-conference issue
- ICT4Ag: setting the scene - pre-conference issue
- e-agriculture strategies
- Open access & open data
- Small Islands
- Agricultural research and ICTs
- Crowdsourcing and engagement
- Women and ICTs
- ICT innovation
- A future for telecentres
- Youth and ICTs
- Value chains
- Adapting to climate change
- Extension & advice